Will be responsible for coordinating all key activities in the sector including understanding key industry trends, M&A, Financing and any IPO activities. Should be able to have discussions with senior management, investors, key industry representatives to further develop the company relationships and perspectives on the sector.
- Essential Functions:
- Responsible for creating and publishing sector research content including monthly reports.
- Review all contracts and analyze value propositions along with nay potential risks.
- Serve as the internal and external sector expert
- Establish and maintain client prospect pipeline and ensure all opportunities are vetted and pursued
- Act on the negotiation and development of strategic partnerships
- Perform financial modelling activities, simulations and scenarios analysis; Perform financial and strategic due diligence
- Meet with private equity and strategic investors to discuss sector and potential opportunities
- Manage investment banking deal teams as needed to provide strategic sector expertise at key points in the deal process
- Ensure all deadlines are met in timely manner.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- 3-5 years’ experience; working within private banking preferred
- Operational or business or corporate development experience preferred
- Direct investment banking experience preferred. A firm understanding of the M&A, financing / capital raising and IPO processes and the role that investment bankers play is desired.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Strong academic background
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests
- Good project management and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills
Position can be based in our NY or Dallas area office