The Associate will be part of a lean team focused on identifying and tracking investment opportunities, underwriting analysis, financial analyses and due diligence. The Associate’s primary responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- reviewing and developing market and company specific research
- identifying and tracking investment targets
- creating/developing complex financial and valuation models and other financial analyses
- directly, and in coordination with external advisors, conducting in-depth market research and asset/company due diligence
- evaluating/executing investments and acquisition financings
- working closely with management on budgeting, long-range planning, key strategic initiatives and company-level financings
- internal portfolio reporting/monitoring
- The ideal candidate has a demonstrated track record of success and prior experience in a high-performing environment.
- Max of 4 years of relevant experience required, including at least 2 years of investing banking required. Additional experience in corporate development, consulting, private equity (or other principal investing) is highly preferred.
- Solid understanding of the M&A, financing/capital raising, and IPO processes is desired.
- Telecom experience is preferred, but not essential.
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong organizational skills
Able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests
Good project management and presentation skills
Strong negotiation skills