Provides senior management with advice on company legal strategies, manages the legal function, and manages the work of any outside counsel. Engage in discussions and/or negotiations with various parties including government officials on topics such as: zoning regulations, potential litigation, project implementation, or advocating for or against existing or proposed legislation, regulations or interpretation of law.
- Responsible for the negotiation, drafting, review and administration of finance, regulatory, Master leasing agreements, and real estate transactions. Reviews and provides legal analysis of contract terminations, renewals and assignments as well as responses to potential contractual disagreements.
- Represents Tillman Infrastructure in any court filings and proceedings (when necessary).
- Participates in the development of corporate policies and procedures and provides counsel on legal matters and legal implications of all matters.
- Serves as legal advisor on all major business transactions.
- Informs internal teams of project statuses, procedural requirements and legal interpretations that impact the business relationship.
- Advises on legal aspects of the company’s financing, including assessing and advising on current and future business structures and legal entities, debt and equity matters.
- Judges the merits of any court cases filed against or on behalf of the company, works with the appropriate executive(s) to determine a strategic defense and approves settlements of disputes when warranted.
- Ensures company conducts its business in compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Provides assistance with other regulatory compliance matters.
- Brings timely resolution to escalated business and legal issues.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Juris Doctorate required.
- Max 8 years of related corporate law and finance experience ( M&A experience is preferred).
- Deep telecommunications/ and or real estate industry experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and legal drafting skills.
- Prior experience managing legal staff, attorneys, and outside legal resources.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to accomplish tasks under tight deadlines.
- Strong academic background required
Position can be in either NY or Dallas area office